Ski Season Prep
You can just feel it, can’t you? Ski season is just around the corner. Already, we have reports of serious snow on the Tetons, and the venerated Old Farmer’s Almanac predicts plenty of snow for the Rockies throughout the winter months. So, October is your perfect time in Jackson Hole to gear up while you daydream of bottomless powder turns down rugged mountain slopes.
The bulk of summer season travelers have gone home, while the valley still offers sublime, sunny days with cold nights. Fall colors give way to a wash of evergreen, and wildlife gorges on the last of summer’s bounty. This is the month when you could be trekking the backcountry, building stamina and power for those heart-pounding winter ski runs to come.
The closer we get to Thanksgiving and Christmas, the tighter the reservation list. We at Spring Creek Ranch encourage you to think ahead and reserve your time here. Big plus: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort’s ski passes will remain at the 2014-2015 rate. We’ve listed a few of October’s upcoming events:
- October 4: The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Tram shuts down operation.
- October 7 – 10: Jackson’s SHIFT conference is in full swing, with luminaries like Yvon Chouinard of Patagonia, Mark Bittman of the New York Times, and Chris Johns of National Geographic.
- October 11: Last day to catch Ai Weiwei’s “Circle of Animals: Zodiac Heads” at the National Museum of Wildlife Art.
- October 24: A free Halloween concert for Kids begins at 3 pm at Walk Festival Hall in Teton Village. Costumes and treats rule the day!
- November 26: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Opening Day