Winter Vacation Packing List for Jackson, Wyoming
The snow is falling and cheeks are rosy here in Jackson, Wyoming. Winter arrived all at once and ski season has kicked off with a bang. As a world-class skiing and snowboard destination, Jackson has endless adventure to offer the winter traveler. So pack your bags! We’ve compiled an essential winter packing list for your Jackson getaway.
About this Jackson Hole Packing List
We designed the perfect Jackson, Wyoming packing list for skiers and snowboarders. This list is designed to cover everything from a day out on the slopes to a night dancing at the famous Cowboy Bar. You’ll find plenty of fun-filled flair in this packing list. Although we wrote the list for a 5-day trip, you can adjust the list to best suit your needs.
Clothing for Exploring Jackson
Don’t forget the following clothing items for exploring Jackson, Wyoming away from the slopes.
- Snow boots*
- Wooly hat
- Weather proof gloves or mittens
- Warm scarf or buff
- Weather-proof winter coat
- Fleece jacket or mid-layer
- Jeans (always appropriate for even the most upscale events in Jackson)
- Flannel shirts and sweaters. Jackson tends to have a relaxed vibe, so casual clothing works great!
*Indicates that this item can be rented via Kit Lender.
Rent The Latest Ski Clothes
Don’t have winter boots? Or maybe you don’t have ski pants? You can rent it all for a fraction of the price. At Spring Creek Ranch we’ve teamed up with Kit Lender to bring you affordable, high-quality ski clothing to rent. Kit Lender offers the latest trends and fashions in the ski world, so you can hit the slopes looking good and feeling warm. They offer countless different styles and sizes for every taste.
Simply order what you need and have it shipped for free directly to you! When you’re all done, use the return packaging and voila! Awesome ski clothing right at your fingertips.
Grab Your Ski Gear
Don’t leave home without your ski gear. Here’s what you’ll need to bring to enjoy the slopes.
- Skis or snowboard
- Ski poles
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Ski gloves or mittens*
- Waterproof ski pants or bib*
- Waterproof ski jacket or layering system*
- Ski goggles*
- 2 pairs of ski socks
- A small backpack to carry snacks and water (optional)
- Balaclava (optional)
*Items are available for rent via Kit Lender.
The Best Places to Rent Skis in Jackson
There’s no need to spend thousands of dollars on skis if you don’t own a pair of skis. There are a wide variety of places to rent skis and snowboards in Jackson, Wyoming. You can rent standard gear for a reasonable price, or opt for top-of-the-line demo gear at a premium.
If you’re new to skiing, then we suggest going into the shop and getting fitted. Those who already know their preferred sizes can simply order in advance. You can even get your rented skis delivered right to your door.
For all your ski equipment rental and delivery needs we recommend Ski Butlers.
Make your winter vacation to Jackson extra special with these awesome optional packing items.
- Your cowboy boots for a good old fashioned night out dancing.
- A coveted flannel shirt. We live in plaid here in the west.
- An action camera to capture the moment in the daunting Corbet’s Couloir.
- A few card games for some family fun after skiing.
And Don’t forget The Basics
Don’t leave for Jackson without these basic items:
- A reusable water bottle for staying hydrated
- A reusable shopping bag for all your boutique shopping needs
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, hair products, makeup, hairbrush, etc)
- Prescription medication
- Undergarments – including long underwear (we recommend wool)!
- Extra warm socks
- Cozy slippers
- Phone charger
- Swimsuit for relaxing in the spa
- Identification and travel documents
- Sunscreen – don’t forget to apply it under your nose and chin, especially! in the winter
- Hand warmers and toe warmers
Pack your bags, it’s time to head to Jackson this winter for the perfect ski vacay. Don’t forget that Spring Creek Ranch is offering a variety of vacation packages and deals this winter season.